Building the Perfect Ubuntu 10.04 LAMP Server
This post will detail the series of steps that are required to set-up and configure a LAMP server using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. The server will have all of the normal features that everyone has come to expect.
Specifically, it will have the following features:
- Locales will be set properly.
- MySQL will be secured.
- MySQL Query Caching will be configured.
- Iptables will be configured (optional).
- Alternative PHP Cache (APC) will be installed and configured.
- Web directory permissions will be set.
- Virtual hosts will be created.
Configure TLS and SSL in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Configuring TLS/SSL in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) is a breeze. This post will outline the series of steps that are required to SSL up and running. Additionally, it appears as though the long-standing limitation of requiring different IP’s or different ports when configuring SSL using Name-Based Virtual Hosts is no longer a limitation. This is certainly great news indeed.